Looking for some exercise to do during the summer? Looking for something to for your kids? Julie Vanderwal is doing Summer Yoga classes at Emond Hall!
Yoga Stretch is a gentle yoga suitable for all ages both experienced and brand new to yoga. Some of the benefits include:
- Increases flexibility, strength and the ability to relax
- Sleep patterns improve
- Circulation improves
- Detoxes organs
- Improves posture, deepens breath and improves mental acuity and balance
- Is fun, gentle and relaxing
Yoga Nidra is lying down or sitting mediation in the state between waking and sleeping. Clients bring a pillow and blanket to be comfortable. It is suitable for all ages and no experience is needed to participate.
Some of the benefits include:
- Deeply calming, leaving clients rejuvenated, relaxed and refreshed as it reduces stress
- An opportunity to release long-held stress
- A space to explore what you need in the moment
Kids Yoga, for ages 3-8, is a fun way to improve balance, flexibility and concentration. It teaches body awareness and positive self-image. It provides kids an opportunity to be part of a non-competitive healthy group, allowing them to grow in confidence and help manage stress.
Reflexology is a system of massage used to relieve tension and treat illness, based on the theory that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body. This program is offered by appointment only with Julie Vanderwal.